Monday, September 10, 2007

V. Caper

This was a caper number 4.

It is true that not all of my experiences are true pickles. For this reason, I have decided that less eventful moments should be called capers.

Last night, cycling home, zigg-zagging through the cobble streets of Seville at 12:30, I ran into a caper. It sounds romantic I suppose but when you ride a bike on a cobble street you will realise it can be truly unpleasant. With all the bouncy bouncy, Millie lost a screw. It wasn't a very important one but it impeded my wheel to spin properly.

I got off to inspect the situation. The only solution I could see was a bar within a few steps. I stole all their tooth picks and jammed them into the hole where the screw once was and secured it with a rubber band. It continued to work this morning so why bother getting a new screw?

Caper

verb (used without object)
1. to leap or skip about in a sprightly manner; prance; frisk; gambol.
2. a playful leap or skip.
3. a prank or trick; harebrained escapade.
4. a frivolous, carefree episode or activity.
5. Slang. a criminal or illegal act, as a burglary or robbery.

No comments: