Thursday, September 6, 2007

Bad habits on wheels.

It was 10:30. I was trying to avoid the trees that are planted in the middle of the bike lane. Yes. Trees. No they are not there to provide shade. It just so happenes that the city decided to strategically put the bike lane where there was a line of trees. The environmentalists and some residents were up in arms that the city would have to cut the trees down so they compromised. They left the trees and made the bike path go right through. So, where was I? Oh ,yes, dodging these trees when all of a sudden I come to an intersection where, yes my friends, the cars have a yield to oncoming bike traffic. I slowed, and like winged animals they came flying at me. It was a car full of nuns. What they were doing out of thier nunnery is still a question at large. There were at least 6 in the car and they were not buckled in. Talk about holy sister. They almost hit me. As I pedaled away, I swore I heard one say "After the cycling jew girl. She is getting away". I was just glad to make it out alive.

No comments: