Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Frozen pickles: Picicles

I have to sadly report that these Spanish people have just lost their fight. It is funny how they eventually conform to most anything. You can no longer find the grand masses of drivers travelling over 180 km/hr. They seem to also be giving up smoking and those who continue are only smoking in the designated areas. At least they are still double parking.

To top this all off, and make my life a little less exciting, most of them, it seems, have stopped walking in the bike lane. Where are the rebels? Has the government taken a cattle prod to those who just a few weeks ago refused to not walk in the bike lane? The frisky construction workers also seem to be on a continual coffee break; none to be seen. And it seems that I may have recent evidence that the Spanish news may be correct in that the country's youth is turning into a bunch of alcoholics with bad hair cuts (the bad hair cut part is my take on things since yes the mullet seems to be back "in style"). Since I no longer see them on the streets yelling, I must assume they are in a drunken stupor some where or passed out on their parent's sofa. The nuns are definitely busy in the convents making Christmas pastries and thinking about the naughty things they could do to a Jew girl like me next summer (hey nuns, you stole our marzipan recipe).

This morning I was fed up. I haven't been hit or yelled at in almost a month. SEVILLE, I challenge you. What? Are you a bunch of pussies? Where are the conquistadores?

No comments: